Equality Objectives Statement- September 2020
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victmisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
There are nine protected characteristics in the Equality Act and we strive to ensure there is no discrimination for staff, parents and pupils for any of these reasons:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy or Maternity
- Religion or Belief
- Sexual orientation
In order to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set the following objectives:
- To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require extra support for pupils.
- To raise levels of attainment in core subjects for vulnerable learners, narrowing the gap between more disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
- To review levels of parental and pupil engagement in learning and school life, across all activities to ensure equality and fairness in access and engagement.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
- To promote spiritual, moral and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying.